AddThis

30.3.13

Make-Up Remover Moment

Just the other day, I had one of those "ah-ha" moments. You know what I mean right- one of those "oh man, yes Lord, I get it"- then you just shake your head- moments.

So here I was at the bathroom sink, trying to open my make-up remover container. This is one of those re-fill containers that holds the individual remover cloths. I'm trying and trying to open this thing and to no avail. I was besides myself, as they say. In exasperation, I walked away and said "FINE. I'll just go to bed with this junk on my face!" Two minutes later I walk back and try again... yes, glutton for punishment. As I'm fighting with this thing again, I realize that my thumb is over the little latch that allows the lid to lift up. DUH.

http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/211772/300.JPG 
Here I am, fighting and growling at this container and all the while, I was hindering my own progress by holding my thumb over the release latch. Pulling with one hand- holding down with the other.  Then comes my husband wondering why I'm laughing out loud all by myself in the bathroom!

That was my "ah-ha" moment for the week. I could just hear God saying to me "Oh Michelle... how often have you been your worst enemy? Trying to move forward, but holding yourself back...trying to open the door, but holding it shut at the same time? My precious girl, just let go and let Me help you."

Have there been times in your life like this? I love how the Lord takes the simplest things and speaks life lessons through them don't you? They may not always be fun to hear and rather frustrating (I did eventually get the make-up off!), but always true and full of wisdom. 

I hope you can allow God to move you forward in His perfect will and not hold back.