AddThis

15.10.12

Gratefulness-It's not just for dinner anymore.


It's been approximately 60 days into my experiment.  Although I haven't written a lot in detail on this blog, I have been reflecting on the last two months a lot lately.  
I thought I'd share my reflections with you.

Ten things I've learned (or have been reminded of) in my journey so far:
  1. This is not an experiment for sissies. It takes determination and perseverance- every day- every week- every month.
  2. It's a lesson in perspective. The more grateful I am, the more I find a higher perspective in my every day life. The bigger picture wins out.
  3. Gratefulness breeds humility, knowing that I receive more than I ever deserve.
  4. I can choose gratefulness. I can also choose entitlement. It's a choice.
  5. The more I practice thankfulness, the more my circumstances don't dictate my frame of mind.  What I think about and dwell on overcomes negativity and fear.
  6. Selfishness is easy and natural as breathing. Gratefulness is difficult to maintain. 
  7. Gratefulness bears fruit that resembles love, kindness and joy. We plant the seeds and the good fruit grows and impacts others- and comes back to us.
  8. But for the grace of God, I could not do this. I am weak. He's bigger than me.
  9. Gratefulness lifts my spirit and encourages my soul.
  10. Choosing to be thankful, even when it's hard, is discipline. It serves to remind me that I'm not always in control- or have to be. There are higher purposes at work.

So, 30 days to go. 
I'm up to my shoulders in the water now and it's feeling good.
How is your journey going?